The Safety Compliance Manager is responsible to work with our team of Drivers and support staff to ensure they follow all local and federal state laws and regulations along with company policies. Coordinates the preparation and completion of regulatory and compliance documents. Responsible for creating and managing SOPs, driver training and skill assessment to include on-boarding safety training, remedial training, and maintaining compliance with DOT, FMCSA, and OSHA regulations. The position assists in ensuring we maintain our reputable safety scores. The position will also be responsible for maintaining compliant files and records and efficient use of Hours of Service.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
(The following statements describe the general nature of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. Additional responsibilities may be assigned by management.)
· Effectively manage your team and drivers to evaluate, monitor, analyze and identify all driver compliance and non-compliance issues and resolve them in a timely manner.
· Responsible for helping manage internal and external compliance reporting, providing compliance advice and assistance, conducting compliance investigations, manage on-going education program.
· Monitor and assist in enforcement of DOT and FMCSA regulations to ensure compliance.
· Responsible for conducting all tasks associate with:
o Driver Qualifications – Medical Cards/Physicals, CDL, Annual Driving Records
o Driver Training – DOT regulations, Hazmat training (all areas required for our industry)
o Driver Records – Processing employment applications, DOT required documents, company policies, CSA, MVR, criminal background, PEV
· Conduct daily audits of drivers to ensure compliance and productivity through a fleet management and tracking software system.
· Administer random drug screens and expiration list processes including driver’s license and medical card renewal.
· May assist in the implementation and monitoring of compliance controls, compliance procedures and operational processes.
· Issue and maintain fleet cards for company drivers and company owned power units.
· Apply for permits and certifications (oversize, IFTA, Hazmat, NMFTA) for the company.
· Register titles and tags for company owned and leased equipment (County Fleet and IRP).
· Reviews reporting of all vehicles, passenger, and employee accidents/incidents for determination of cause and preventability and identifying potential trends.
· Process and manage all driver accident claims with our insurance carrier and assigned adjusters.
· Coordinate and request Certificate of Insurances with our insurance carrier.
· Conduct drivers call ins and complaints while managing the risk for the company.
· Maintain roadside inspections and citations including overweight, traffic violations, etc.
· Review Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR) daily and communicate with driver management to correct and validate the resolution.
· Manage the Safety Management System (SMS) to ensure all recorded information is accurate and belongs to our company record.
· Manage safety and quality incident tracker associated to all not at fault and at fault incidents.
· Track monthly safety training topics and meetings for warehouse and driver employees.
· Calculate and file quarterly fuel taxes for the company timely.
· File Heavy Vehicle Use Tax annually and as qualified trucks are purchased.
· Conduct the renewal and MCS-150 filing for the company every other year.
· Coordinate the distribution of truck permit books for current and new assets.
· Validate and process the billing for background checks, drug testing, physicals, PrePass.
· Serve as the Administrator for fleet management software system and stay abreast of updates/changes, new features, releases, and training opportunities.
· Ensures that all SOPs and training materials are up to date, that necessary supplies are available and that inventories are secured and kept up to date.
Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form with a strong customer service orientation. Solid typing and computer skills. Ability to adapt to change in a fast-growing production environment. Ability to work well under stress while meeting deadlines.
Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s Degree, or related experience and/or training, or combination of education and experience.
Prefer 3-5 years experience in the record management and administration of compliance with DOT regulations. Knowledge of Microsoft Windows system (creating, naming, moving files/folders), and software.
Very knowledgeable of CMV DOT/FMCSA regulations relating to HOS requirements: DVIR’s, IFTA/IRP, and CDL requirements
Experience with the following applications: McLeod, DriverTech Fleetwatcher, and Tenstreet is a plus.
Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
Job Type: Full-time in office
Salary: $65,000.00 - $72,000.00 per year