National Account Sales Representative
The National Account Sales Representitive is empowered to sell Xpress Cargo transportation services nationwide. We are a carrier that specializes in hauling temperature controlled freight. We are the transportation experts working with our customers to provide safe and timely delivery of their freight.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
· Sell Xpress Cargo freight transportation services.
· Identify, qualify and generate new business through research, analysis and discovery to achieve set goals.
· Effectively build, manage and maintain relationships, delivering extraordinary, personalized customer service.
· Interact with customers regularly; paying close attention to their specific needs, offering personalized solutions.
· Regularly collaborate and review sales and prospecting activities with Leadership, Operations and Customer Service teams. Work on and present customer freight bids.
· Subject matter expert liaison between all parties able to translate and educate market changes / challenges.
· Work with Operations and Customer Service teams to identify areas of opportunity, reduce dead head miles in lanes, monitor and communicate daily market rates.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
· 2 to 3 years of transportation, freight brokerage or equivalent industry sales experience.
· Have the “Hunter” mentality, unafraid of hearing “No” – fearless on the phone.
· Comfortable with prospecting, cold calling, closing over the phone or in person if need be.
· Self-starter that is highly motivated, competitive and results orientated.
· Able to grasp complex issues, draw conclusions and effectively solve difficult problems quickly & decisively.
· Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
· Effective negotiation and communication skills able to work together to achieve common goals.
· Experience with McLeod TMS, LinkedIn and CRM applications.
REQUIREMENTS / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS / EDUCATION:
· Must be able to work with minimal supervision and still meet / exceed goals and expectations.
· Personable with a positive outgoing personality able to build and maintain internal & external relationships.
· Responsible, dependable and able to build and maintain loyal, professional relationships.
· Maintains a high level of professionalism always characterized by acceptance, cooperation and respect.
· Able to teach, coach and mentor other teammates; sharing knowledge and proven expertise with teammates.
· Coachable and comfortable with change.
· Strong PC skills, specifically Microsoft Office. McLeod Software experience is a plus.
· College graduate preferred; high-school diploma required.